
Apologies in advance to my non-LDS readers, this post really won't make a lot of sense to you. Jump to the bottom of the post for a really brief explanation.
For New Beginnings last week, we needed a lot of Liahona's for our skit. We were trying to figure out how to make some that would look nice and still be cost effective. We thought of spray painting styrofoam balls, using christmas ornaments and attaching dowels, trying gold leaf on a round ball, etc. Nothing seemed just right. Our Young Women's president was in JoAnn's picking up supplies to try and make some when she found these decorative balls for 70% off (originally $6.99). It ended up being cheaper to buy these instead of making something ourselves.
I went to JoAnn's today and picked up one to have at home. For $2.00 it makes a great Liahona to have for lessons, family home evening, etc. If you want to go pick one up, they are in the world market section (I think that's what it is called). The whole section is clearanced.
The picture is not the best. If you can't tell, there are engravings around the top and bottom of it. Spencer points out that it is not technically accurate but I think it is fine for a visual. We were quite pleased with how they looked on stage.
Young Women's is the organization we have in our church for 12-18 year old girls. I am in the Young Women's presidency. We have 30+ girls in our group. Every year in January we have a program for the girls and their parents. The Liahona is an object that is talked about in the Book of Mormon.
Before You Decorate for Fall
1 week ago





4 comments:
This is a great idea! I'll remember this if I ever need to make one.
Can I just say how adorable Ella is!!!!!!!!
Hi this is Sarah Thomas. I am Kelton's wife which as you know is your husbands cousin. Anyways I have been following your blog through other cousins. Your posts are great and you ahve such fantastic ideas. we have enjoyed seeing our extended family through blogging. Your family is so adorable thanks for sharing!
Great timing for this post! We just hit this part in our reading of the BofM...there were instructions on how to make one in that packet Orlean sent for Christmas, but this seems like a much easier idea. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment