Saturday, May 24, 2008

Moms for Modesty

Ella had a HUGE growth spurt a couple of weeks ago so Ella and I had a girls shopping day. We hit the malls, went out to lunch, and spoiled ourselves. We had a blast except for one small annoyance - we didn't find hardly any clothes! I could not believe the styles that are selling right now for 3-year-old girls. I never thought it would be hard to find modest clothes for my preschooler. Who knew??

On a more comical note, Ella found a pink swimsuit that she fell in love with. I have never seen her want an item of clothing so badly. I was set to buy it until I noticed that there was a big hole cut out of the back of it. I told Ella we couldn't get it and showed her the hole. She looked at me and said "I know, we can fix it with tape and glue." She was as perplexed as I was about the hole in the back of the swimming suit.

Anyway, I found this wonderful site that is trying to promote modest clothing so more retailers will notice that there is a demand for more modest clothing. I printed their mission statement below but go check them out - what a great idea.

Moms for Modesty Mission Statement

As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

1 comments:

Gary said...

We share your values and concern and are proud to announce the launch of our new website, www.koshercasual.com. Kosher Casual was created for the Modern Orthodox Jewish market, but has strong appeal across all religious lines as the clothing is modern, yet modest.

Please check it out and pass on the word to your other modest-minded customers.

Gary