In typical Ella fashion, an hour after we put her to bed yesterday she popped up and started heading downstairs. We yelled up for her to get back in bed. This is the reply we got:
"Daddy! I have to tell you something important. Really Important. I forgot"
Because we are awesomely consistent parents we decided to let her come downstairs (could this possibly be why we have such bedtime issues??). We were not expecting what came next.
"I have this daddy (a bead). I need to make necklace for you. Right now daddy."
I wish I had recorded it so you could hear the urgency in my drama queen's voice. It was a matter of life and death. I could also tell that she thought what she was saying was so important, there was no possible way we could deny her this request.
Sadly, we did.
We even held out when she promised to make it "real pretty."
We couldn't help but laugh and she giggled her way back to bed where it took her approximately 2.5 seconds to come up with the next reason why she needed to be downstairs with us.
Someday she'll sleep, right???
Before You Decorate for Fall
1 week ago





1 comments:
What a cutie! It is amazing the crazy reasons kids come up with to stay up.
Post a Comment