One day of scout camp did what almost 10 years of parenting could not do - SPENCER ATE AN ACTUAL SANDWICH! Gotta love peer pressure. Those of you with picky kids will understand. Spencer's normal sandwiches consist of jelly and white bread. No peanut butter. Nothing else. He has had a jelly sandwich every day in his school lunch since he started kindergarten. We have begged, pleaded, and bribed him to try other sandwiches but the kid wouldn't budge. But the first words out of Spencer's mouth when he came home today was "Mom can you start making me ham and cheese sandwiches? They're great!" I don't think I've ever been so surprised.
So I used that leverage with dinner tonight. We were having potstickers and rice. Spencer was disgusted (as usual) by the potstickers. I reminded him that we had been telling him for years about other sandwiches and how he had missed out by not trying them. He then surprised me again by eating the potstickers and asking for more. It was a happy happy night tonight.
Unfortunately, the same reasoning did not work with apple pie. Wouldn't even try it. Go figure.
Oh - he is having a blast at scout camp ... archery, bb guns, swimming, water slides, archealogical digs, time machines, paddle boats, what more could a 9 year old ask for?? I'll be at the camp with him on Friday and will take some pics.
Before You Decorate for Fall
1 week ago





1 comments:
Wow, a story of peer pressure working for good instead of evil. YEAH!
Post a Comment