We celebrated Ella's 4th birthday this past Saturday. Yes, our kids parties happen a couple weeks after their birthday. We made a decision awhile ago that because they share the same birthday that week would be reserved for a joint family party. We have been on a marathon of parties ever since. The weekend following the kids bday the kids had a couple different parties to go to. Spencer's party was held the next weekend and Ella just finally had her birthday party - only 3 weeks late :) The past couple of weeks have been a lot of fun - the kids really got into helping plan each others parties. BUT - Thank goodness we are done for awhile!
Ella was so excited for her party. For weeks she talked non-stop about "her girls" that were coming to her tea party. We never really got an answer who exactly these girls were as 90% of her friends are boys. Nevertheless, the party was a hit!
We interpreted the Mad Hatter theme loosely -


We started the party by having brunch with some of Ella's favorite treats:
Cake pops:

If you haven't tried Bakerella's cake pops Bakerella's cake pops you must immediately - they are worth every pound! I usually make the cupcake version but Ella wanted the cake lollipops.
Natalie agrees:
We had tags attached to toothpicks on the croissants that said "Eat Me," attached to the straws that said "Drink Me," and on our giant lollipop favors that said "Take Me."
After brunch, the kids decorated their Mad Hatter hats:

We then went to play croquet (I had a puzzle with picture clues for the kids to put together to find the croquet course, but the natives were getting restless so I decided not to get it out):

Spencer and Madison:
Sara:
After croquet we came back in for cake and presents. I realized we didn't have an actual teapot (except for toys) when I was planning the party so I made a teapot cake:

We finished the party by decorating royal princess frames and giant heart shaped sugar cookies to go.
Instead of party bags, we did lollipops. I forgot to take a picture at the party. This was set in our entry way full of lollipops with tags that said "Take Me."
I think the best part of the party was watching Ella's face. I decorated everything the night before while she was sleeping. She loves pink and everything girlie so when she came down in the morning her whole face lit right up. She didn't know I was making a teapot cake - you could literally see the amazement in her eyes when she saw it. For Ella, the whole day was full of wonder and magic. Exactly the way a birthday should be.





6 comments:
Her party turned out GREAT! You did a fabulous job! I need to make the cupcakes on sticks again - they are so much fun. Did you use her exact recipe?
Anyway, I'm glad your party season is over but that everyone had so much fun!
turned out SUPER cute!! I love all the cute party decorations and food. I'm in the middle of putting together all Maddi's stuff for her "fancy Nancy" party tomorrow (I'll be glad to have that one over with as well)
From Michaels birthday in August, we have a birthday every three weeks until mine (B-rax scored on getting his b-day at the opposite end of the year:). It's a bit much. I was just at a baby shower last night that had those same cupcake on sticks..(except for there was no sticks)...they were YUMMY!
(cute cake btw)
Wow - I am impressed. Everything looks so cute. Ella is lucky to have such an awesome mom.
I stumbled across your blog today and it is amazing!! I love this idea, you should submit it to www.tipjunkie.blogspot.com. They are curretnly highlight birthday party ideas. Way cute blog!!
That was awesome. I am so impressed with you. The tea pot cake, the cake lollipops, all of it was so neat. I did not know you were Martha Stewart! YOU rock!
What an adorable party! I love the cake. That turned out really cute! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment