


Okay ladies, after hours and hours (not kidding) of wrestling this garland, here's the end result. The garland is hung over the sideboard in my dining room which is where we place our nativity. I wish I was a fabulous photographer and could show you what it actually looks like but you'll have to rely on my description. The garland looks much bulkier in real life, not so wimpy! I wrapped three strands of garland together (one prelit) and threw in some of these thingies:

I also added some more pinecones where it looked bare. This next picture is the most true to life - it escaped the yellowy glow!

Here's the garland from another angle. Check out the cute elf's clothes we have hanging on a clothesline in cut-out into our kitchen. My mom picked those up this year. So fun!

Here are a couple more close-ups. I surprised myself by not needing my handy dandy glue gun. Everything is just twisted and placed in. Super easy. The hours and hours I spent were trying to secure the HEAVY garland. When mere nails wouldn't do it, my husband stepped in with some majorly strong screws.


I'm happy with the end result. I might throw one more string of white lights in the mix. I'm finishing up the kid's garland over the fireplace in the basement. We have a total 1950's retro theme down there and the fireplace is turning out surprisingly cute. I will post pics soon!
Thanks Nester for your original garland post! Can't wait to see everyone's garlands!!





33 comments:
It is very pretty. I have white and silver in my living room and I just love the look of it. Your mantle would fit perfectly! however...no mantle here.
Just lovely! I love the magnolias and also your nativity!
I love the touch of the white magnolia's or whatever they are!
Your garland is beautiful. It goes perfectly with the nativity. The basement sounds fun. Christmas blessings to you and your family.
That is SO SO elegant! I just love it. Not so sure it needs more lights. Great job.
Very pretty. I like the white flowers and pine cones.
Shannon
Beautiful! I love the colors.
You did a great job--I love it and your photos are great! Please tell me it didn't really take hours to hang-please?
It looks lovely! I like the natural elements.
Your garland looks great, but did you say you screwed it in? Not into your buffet, right?!
I think the pics turned out wonderfully and the garland looks great with your beautiful nativity.
And now I am on the hunt to hang my very own little clothesline of elf clothes...that is the cutest thing!
Thanks for visiting my blog :)
No, nothing is screwed into the buffet which is why it took so dang long. I didn't want any sort of a dip in the garland - I just wanted it to lie straight across the edge of the buffet. In order to accomplish this without attaching it to the buffet, I needed to have the garland SUPER tight. Every time I would get one side perfect, the other side's nail would pull out of the wall.
It was so frustrating! But once the screws were in, it went rather quickly.
Love it! And I always like to see the Willow Tree nativity at other people's homes!
Looks great. I really like the magnola flowers.
Beautiful! I love the Willow Tree set, I've always had a small longing for it ;-)
I like the idea of having your nativity in there! Nice!
How lovely it looks! I love the magnolias andd those little pick things you used! It's a perfect showcase for the nativity!
XO,
Sheila
turned out so cute! And have I mentioned that I LOOOVE your nativity set and am quite envious? :)
Absolutely beautiful! I love the flowers you put in it.
I really like your blog...especially the quote on your side bar! My nativity is in my dining room, too, so that my girls won't try to play with it!
It's sooooo very pretty! I love it! I really like those magnolia flowers (are they real?)
so gorgeous! I love that manger scene, I helped a girlfriend garland that same one up..its amazing the different takes. Yours is gorgeous!
Blessed Holidays to you and that darling family of yours!
nice to meet you:)
Lisa
coastal nest
You did a great job! Your hours of work were well worth it!
Love how this highlights your Nativity, very pretty.
Everything looks lovely, just lovely!
it's lovely!
The magnolias look so pretty with the Nativity and that Elf clothesline is adorable! :)Nancy
Wonderful decorations!!! I love your blog design with the polka dots. So cute!!!
Your garland and nativity are just beautiful. Cute elf clothesline too.
Gorgeous!
So pretty! I love the Willow Tree stuff. I have many pieces but not the nativity!
Merry Christmas!
Very Pretty!
Donna
This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing
Good for you--sticking in there until that garland was whipped into place! and it looks gorgeous too. I loved the idea of the elve clothes. Were they just tiny adorable baby clothes? Thanks for sharing. Come visit.
Post a Comment