
Here we are waiting for the inauguration to start.![]()
Can you believe the awesome seats we got?
Nothing can beat sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial overlooking the mall.


Notice anything missing? How about 2+ million people? Okay so we weren't actually there today, these pictures are from our last visit to the Lincoln memorial just over a month ago when my sister was visiting.
Living in northern VA means that we often get to visit the monuments whenever we have company. But no matter how many times I've been to the Lincoln memorial, it never fails to inspire me. I don't think it is possible to be there without feeling such a strong sense of reverence and awe for such a remarkable man and an enormous sense of hope and pride for our country.
Spencer read every word of this . . .
and this . . .
. . . much to Ella's chagrin.
I couldn't get over how beautiful the sky was that cold day. It is amazing how many things have happened on those very steps.
Before You Decorate for Fall
1 week ago








1 comments:
You did go on a beautiful day! And smart not to go today (even though I was thinking of you guys while I was watching it on tv wondering if you did go). Your pictures are fabulous and I can totally see Spencer reading every word - totally something his dad would have done!
Post a Comment