Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Sweet Valentine

Since Valentine's is on a Sunday this year, we celebrated early. Lance surprised me with a dozen roses, my favorite Haagen-Dazs ice cream, and a date scheduled for next Friday, but my favorite Valentine came from my cutie pictured above. I was sitting on the couch feeding Libby when my boys came back from the store. Lance gave Ella her Valentine's (a single pink rose and a balloon) and came over and showed me what he had for me. Meanwhile, Spencer was hanging back behind the couch. Lance gave him a little nudge and he came forward and presented me with a large candy box filled with Reeses peanut butter candies. Apparently he wanted to get me something himself and bought it with his own money. Lance told him he didn't need to but he still really wanted to get it for me. What a sweetie!!! I love this boy so much and can't believe how quickly he is growing up. He is such a thoughtful young man. Thanks Spencer!

10 comments:

Irene said...

what a sweetheart! you are doing a great job with that boy!

Unknown said...

What a doll to use his own money on his mom that he clearly loves! Your layout is so cute! I am so glad you like my craft blog, come back anytime! Enjoy your Valentines!!! JGG

Gina said...

when did he get so old and handsome!!! Tell him he got more for his mom than Uncle Corey got Aunt Gina for Valentines!

Michelle said...

I LOVE that picture! What a sweetheart! Way to go Spencer!

Melissa said...

It's all because he has a great mom!!!

Unknown said...

Awww how sweet! You have a gorgeous family! I enjoyed reading several of your posts.

You have a nice blog. Can I make a few suggestions? You have your comments set up so that it's hard for your readers to share their thoughts with you. I bet you are missing out on a lot of fun comments.


**as a note- I'm having to retype the word verification. I wouldn't do this if I didn't like your blog so much.**

You only allow fellow bloggers to comment. You have word verification on top of owner approval and your comment form opens in a new page. :)

I look forward to reading more from you.

Amy said...

I guess I did go a little overboard on the comment security :) I had a reason to when I set up the blog but that reason no longer exists and I forgot that I had so many security measures in place. Thanks for pointing it out, I'm going to try and make it easier for comments to be made (if I can figure it out).

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments! If you do decide to make the trees, let me know how they turn out! I'd love to post a link back to you! :)

-Ann Marie

Jolley's said...

What a sweet boy!

Sally said...

Amy, I didn't even know you were pregnant! I am sooo excited for you guys! You have the most beautiful kiddos...They're just precious. I am glad you are feeling so much better. So glad to know everything is going so well for all of you. Miss you all. Tell Lance hello from the Narduccis. Love you guys, Sally