One of the things I absolutely love is fixing Ella's hair. Unfortunately, I was born with absolutely no talent when it comes to hair. I remember many painful hours spent in front of the mirror as a teenager trying to fix my hair only to hate the end result. Luckily for me, there are a ton of blogs that have come to my little girl's rescue. They show step by step how to give your daughter (or yourself) the cutest hairstyles around. I fix Ella's hair every morning before preschool and church. We are stopped at least once a day getting compliments on how cute her hair is. These blogs make it so easy that if I can do it, anyone can.
The first blog I found was "She does Hair." She no longer posts on this blog but I think it is a great place to learn the basics of hair styling. I still look through her archives a lot when I want a simple do. Here's the link:
She Does Hair
My go-to blogs for hair styles are these next two. Both bloggers have multiple girls and show everything from easy to complicated hair styles. They have quick video clips for some of the hairstyles so you can actually see how to do it. This helped me a lot when learning to curl with a flat iron and how to dutch braid. "Adopt a Do" has a lot of super quick hairstyles for the morning and even a section for dads.
Adopt a 'Do - Cute Girls Hairstyles
Babes in Hairland
I LOVE these next three hair blogs also and look at them frequently - I just don't find myself using them as much as the others.
It's a Girl Thing
The Story of a Princess and Her Hair
Girly Do's by Jen
Ella knows her hair HAS to be fixed before she leaves the house for school. Depending on her mood (and the time) sometimes we do super simple (like a french braid) or a hair headband. I like to let her pick her hairstyle the night before, that way she is a lot more cooperative in the morning. Here are some of the examples of hairstyles we have learned to do.
I searched through my photos to try and find some pics of Ella's hair done and it turns out most of my pictures don't really show off the hair, so I will have to try and take some that show the whole style. But here are a few where you can kind of see what I have done. I really really wish that I had taken more pictures of the different hair styles because I am missing most of my favorites.
I do variations of this style a lot (I wish I had better and more pictures)! These two hair-do's end in messy buns but I also finish it off using two ponytails, one ponytail, one bun, or leaving it down. I also will braid or twist the crosses. I have also thread ribbon through the crosses which is super cute. You can also do this hairstyle upside down with the buns ending up on top. You can find the instructions for this hairstyle on almost every blog I link to. It really is a lot easier than it looks.

This next hairstyle was a mistake but I was too tired to go back and fix it. Suprisingly, I had a lot more people stop me that day than usual.
I only wash Ella's hair every other day so a lot of her hairstyles are transformed for the next day. This next one, I just took the back down and put her hair into a ponytail.
In this next picture, her hair had two french braids the day before. In the morning it was really wavy and cute but it rained this day so the waves were gone by the time I took the picture.
I found this next hairstyle on "Babes in Hairland." It is one of my favorites to do because it is easy to adapt into a number of different hairstyles at the end. I don't often have enough time to do the "X" on the side so we will finish it with a braided bun and cute bow. I'm going to show the front, top, and back of this hair-do.
In this first pic, we had been at the farm all day and the side kind of got messed up (but still cute).


One more new blog I have found is Redpunzel. She has a section for Mom-Do's that are really cute and easy. I have had fun trying them on my own hair - sorry no pics of me.
Another post that might be of interest to you is how to make the cute hair bows you see everywhere. They are super easy! Here is the link:
Easy Hair Bow Instructions
For more great tips and ideas head to We are That Family where she hosts "Works For Me Wednesday" every week.
My previous WFMW posts:
Sweet Spinach Bread
Library Bags
Letterboxing
Curling Ribbon
Safe Plastics
5 Ingredients or Less
Laundry Tip
DIY Lip Gloss
Tips for Clothes Shopping with girls
How to teach a child to swallow pills
Removing old stickers, adhesive, etc.
Easy Hair Bow Instructions
Managing school papers
Fall Traditions
Coupon Binder
Toys Worth Buying - Board Games
Thanks for visiting!





4 comments:
Now that I have a girl (yeah!) I will have to check these out - okay, maybe not yet, but soon! You really are good at doing Ella's hair!
Those are some really cute hairstyles! I wrestle with my daughter when I try to do 2 piggy tails, but she is only 17 months. Hopefully she will get more cooperative. I love the ideas you have going in my head right now. :-)
Thanks for the blogs...hair is such a hard thing for me...I'm not interested in it and stink at doing it. My girly would love if I spent some time perusing these blogs and tried a few things besides a pony-tail or headband for her.
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog as well!
Really cute hairstyles.
Just a .. tip ... you don't really need both Word Verification adn comment moderation.
And what if someone doesn't have Google? I do, but it doesn't link to my blog on Wordpress.
You're limiting yourself to fewer commenters by having so many "safeguards" on your blog. :)
Post a Comment