I love having little girls! Every day last week Ella talked nonstop about her upcoming playdate with her friend Valerie from school. Lately these two have really hit it off and they have had so much fun together. Ella kept telling me that her and Valerie wanted to have a tea party with Ella's pretend tea sets when Valerie came over. I decided instead to surprise the two girls with a "real" tea party. You should have seen their faces when they came home from school and saw this set up on the deck:
Ella and I had picked up the pink teapot at Ross for $5 but she had no idea what exactly I had in store for it. I already had everything else from a birthday party I threw for Ella a couple of years ago. The girls had finger sandwiches, cheese cubes, pretzels, strawberries and whipped cream, grapes, apples, and (of course) tea. The tea was really Dole Strawberry Kiwi juice.
I wore a fancy apron and served the girls with my best fake British accent. Halfway through lunch Ella ran over and gave me the biggest hug and said "Mom this is exactly what was in my mind". It just doesn't get any better than that.
It was so much fun for me that I am planning on doing it again in a couple of weeks with a bunch of her little friends. This time I will add chocolate covered strawberries to the menu (mainly so I can eat them)!
Before You Decorate for Fall
1 week ago





1 comments:
How adorable! I can just imagine how excited those 2 little girls were. Good job!
Post a Comment