I'm not positive Michelle meant me on her blog BUT I'm in the mood to talk about myself so here goes nothing:
10 YEARS AGO: Wow - I'm old!!! 10 years ago I had just turned 20 and I was 4 months pregnant with Spencer. I was a junior at BYU. Lance and I were living in a tiny basement apartment in Provo. Our bedroom was so small we could only fit our bed in it.
5 THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST TODAY:
(I started this on Wednesday so this is my to do list from then)
1. Work
2. Go to Lakeshore Learning Center and laminate for my FHE packets.
3. LAUNDRY!
4. Paint with Ella while Spencer's at his Odyssey of the Mind meeting.
5. Go to mutual where we did a fun fashion show.
5 SNACKS I ENJOY:
1. Pita chips and hummus
2. M&M's
3. Yogurt mixed with cottage cheese (sounds gross but is really quite wonderful and healthy!)
4. Nachos
5. French fries (I have enjoyed these a little too much lately!)
5 PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
1. San Diego, California
2. Provo, Utah
3. Mesa, Arizona
4. Seattle, Washington
5. Alexandria, Virginia - and now Burke, Virginia
WHAT WOULD I DO IF I WAS SUDDENLY MADE A BILLIONAIRE:
When I first read this I thought it said millionaire so when I thought about my list I was really sad because after paying off student loans and buying a house here in the metro DC area, I would have nothing left! So I'm glad to see it says billionaire.
Let's see . . .
First, I would pay off student loans and all debt so my husband could smile again. Then I would buy us a house (hopefully we would be invited to live on Michelle's block). I would help everybody in my family in whatever way I could (the list would be way too long to go into here). I would buy a ranch for my husband and have hundreds of acres of organic farming for me. But would have people work the farm so I would only have to when I wanted to. I have limited time so let me quickly state - I would open up several places nationwide for troubled teens, I would donate a large portion to AIDS research, I would do something for women and children in Darfur, I would do something to help with the foster care system, I would also donate a large chunk to drug rehab programs for people who do not have health insurance. Finally, I would hire a maid, cook, and nanny so I could be an active part of all my charitable work. I am a much happier person when I am working.
5 JOBS I HAVE HAD:
1. Waitress at Quick Wok. This was my first job. It was a little trendy Chinese restaurant that had the best Chinese food I have ever had. They prepared it right in front of you while you waited. I was actually fired from this job because the wife wanted to hire her niece. The husband felt so bad about it that whenever I came in to order food after that he would always throw in a bunch of free stuff and give me a steep discount.
2. Cashier at a car wash (can't remember the name): I ran the little convenience store where everybody stood and watched as their car was washed. I have two great memories of the place: 1. My sweet little grandpa would show up unexpectedly while I was working and bring me food. He lived over 40 minutes away but somehow always knew when I had an 8 hour shift. 2. There was such a cute, to die for boy working there. He was 18, had an amazing body, dark skin, and the greenest eyes you have ever seen. WAY out of my league. The day I quit he asked me out and even though I had a boyfriend at the time, I was literally unable to say no. We dated for a couple of weeks until it dawned on me that a boy who worked at a carwash should not always have thousands of dollars in his wallet. Turns out he was a drug dealer. Yep, I sure know how to pick them.
3. Phone rep for Marketing Allies in Provo, Utah.
4. Medical Transcriptionist.
5. Residential Appraiser (current). I have crazy crazy stories about what goes on in people's homes but I will save those for another time.
5 THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME:
This one is going to be a little hard since I already wrote 20 things about me that don't involve my kids. But I'll give it a shot.
1. I don't like ice cream unless it has a little milk poured on it. I think it makes it taste so much better.
2. Once at girls camp (when I was 14) I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. My ward was camped up on a cliff above the rest of the stake and the bathrooms were down this really steep hill. Our leaders had told us to try and not use the bathrooms at night because it was too dangerous. Well, I couldn't hold it so I decided to go behind a tree. Upon arriving at the tree I kept hearing a bunch of strange sounds but decided to proceed on. The next day I found out that a bunch of the boys from the stake had invaded our camp that night. The tree I picked was where a couple of the boys (including my crush) were hiding. I was mortified for years.
3. I once caught a snake in the canyon behind our house when I was 13 and kept it for a pet until it latched on to my little sister's finger and would not let go.
4. My bedroom is always messy. I keep the rest of the house clean. The kids bedrooms are always clean. But I cannot manage to keep my room clean. It always looks like a bomb has gone off in it.
5. I have been sneaking dairy the last couple of days even though I'm supposed to be off of it. I had cut it out completely but then got sick. It turns out I have no self control while sick so dairy free starts again tomorrow!
I am tagging Irene, Michelle W, and Aaron.
Before You Decorate for Fall
1 week ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment