Monday, March 31, 2008

"Dancing Princess Soccer Superstar"

Spencer and I had our first glimpse today of this mysterious creature. I think we were both a bit apprehensive for Ella. Turned out it was all for nothing though, she rocks!


Ella was a complete riot. She already has the soccer stance down. Check her out:

We have no idea where she picked this up from but every time the coach talked, Ella stood like this.

She took the whole thing very seriously. I think she assumed she was semi in charge (who, Ella?). Whenever the coach would call one of the kids to come back to the group, Ella would walk over and put her arm around them and shepherd them back. She has never met these kids or the coach before but immediately took on this role. When the coach would blow her whistle, Ella would whistle. If Ella saw a cone knocked over, she would run over and set it back up. I think the coach was really appreciative. The class is for ages 2-5 and it is really heavy on the 2 year old side. I think she loved having a little girl who was actually listening and helping.

They don't allow pics during practice but here is one after class. Ella just kicked the ball and scored a goal. You have to imagine her little voice going very deep and yelling "Goooooaaaaaaaalllllll!" which she does with abandon almost every time she kicks the ball. Gosh I love this little lady.


1 comments:

Michelle said...

She is adorable! I love the pictures and fun attitude!