Monday, April 28, 2008

The difference between my kids

Exhibit A: Ella, who still thinks the word "poop" is deliciously funny, has now expanded her repertoire to include body parts. A couple nights ago Lance and I were in her room putting her to bed when she started saying various things like "you are a poo poo face, you have a poo poo nose, etc., etc." We were trying so hard not to laugh but her little belly laugh is so contagious. Anyway, Spencer came in the room to say goodnight and Ella broke out all her jokes on him. Spencer was instantly offended. We tried to tell him she was just joking but he would have none of it. He eventually covered his ears and got down near the bed to wait for prayers. I asked him what was wrong and he said "it's just that . . . that word makes me very uncomfortable." I really had to try not to laugh then.

Exhibit B: Sunday morning we watched The Simpsons Movie before church. We figured it was a good wholesome way to spend our time. :) Anyway, Spencer covered his eyes or turned his head frequently while watching the movie. I noticed the parts where he didn't watch were the parts that Ella laughed the hardest about.

Exhibit C: We got caught in a massive downpour on Saturday. Spencer hates getting rained on and dashed for the house asap. Ella got out of the car and took her sweet time getting to the house. She had a huge smile on her face and looked at the sky as if to say "Bring it on!"

I know they were meant to be brother and sister. Ella helps Spencer throw caution to the wind, and Spencer reigns his little sis' in when he needs to. I have such fun watching these two little creatures.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Holy cow - your kids crack me up. I don't think it is possible for any 2 kids to be any more different - but how much fun that is!