Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day



I take a picture of me and the kids every year on Mother's Day. They are some of my favorite pictures. To know that these three little munchkins belong to me makes me one of the happiest people alive.

Mother's Day has not always been the best day for me. During the infertility and miscarriage years I would get angry and sad. I would feel like my body was betraying me which in turn made me a failure. I would listen to talks and read Mother's Day cards and feel like I just didn't measure up. Not all the time. Some years were better than others. Then came Ella. After years of pain and heartache our little girl was born. Her birth was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. Her adoption completed me.

Mother's Day became a favorite day. It is a day that I give thanks for my children, ad day that I give thanks for the chance to be their mom. I don't do everything right as a mom and some of the talks still once in awhile can make me feel like I don't measure up. But Mother's Day still remains a great day.

This year has been a WONDERFUL year. Three kids. I have been blessed with three kids. Libby is our surprise and miracle. Some of my kids have significant challenges - we're still not sure what the future will hold for Libby but I am so grateful that I was chosen to be the mother of these three little spirits.

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful women in my life who have been such great examples to me and have helped me to be a better mother.

I'll end with one final picture of Ella. She hams it up whenever the camera comes out. I love my future star!

1 comments:

Jolley's said...

Happy Mothers Day! You deserve it! And you all look gorgeous...especially that cute little Ella!