We are chugging along at this over here (pun intended). I LOVE these green smoothies. I have more energy than before and my skin seems to be looking great lately. I have missed a couple of days in the last few weeks and I can tell a difference in how my body feels on the days that I don't have one. Ella still downs these with me and Spencer will once school is out (I make them after he leaves for school). I'm pretty sure we will be doing this long past the end of the challenge - they are just THAT good. So I thought I'd share some tips if any of you are contemplating doing this.
If you missed my original post on the subject, you can read about it here.
Tip #1 (Spinach) -
Buy spinach at Costco. You get a monster bag for around $5. I use about 2-3 cups of spinach per smoothie so it can get expensive fast. I bought the Costco bag about a week ago and I'm not even halfway through it yet.
Tip #2 (Favorite Smoothie) -
We make this one almost every day: 2-3 cups spinach, 2 handfuls blueberries, 1 handful blackberries, 1 banana, 1 celery stalk, 8-10 ice cubes, water to taste.
This one is so yummy! However, it's not green. The blackberries turn it purple. Celery has a very strong taste so if you don't like celery, leave it out.
A variation on this is to leave the blackberries out and add pineapple. Super yummy and it's green!
Tip #3 (Blender/Food Processor) -
My old blender died about 2 days into the challenge. So I am now using this:
I LOVE it!! Costco has these for $59 right now which is a steal. I can't believe how quickly it does everything and clean up is super easy (which makes or breaks an appliance for me). I do spinach, celery, apples, carrots in the food processor and everything else in the blender.
Is anyone else trying these? I would love to hear your results, recipes, etc.
Before You Decorate for Fall
1 week ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment