Thursday, June 19, 2008

On my radar . . .

1. Read this post. Just do it. It's my favorite blog post of the week. If it seems familiar it's because I read it first at The Nesting Place and I am a complete copycat. The post is that good.

2. Letterboxing! We are going on our first hunt of the summer tomorrow. The kids are so excited. Well, Spencer's excited. Ella doesn't really know what's going on but she's excited to see Josh. Friday's are letterboxing days around here. Expect to be overloaded with pics soon.

3. After months of doing really good, I ended up back in the ER on Friday. Totally my fault. Seems you shouldn't stop taking a medication just because it has caused a lot of weight gain. Who knew??? I'm back on the medication now and doing so much better. On a related note, I found an article called The Spoon Theoryfrom But You Don't Look Sick that explains perfectly what day to day life is like when you have a chronic illness. I have learned that I have to let some things go (i.e. a spotless house) because it is more important to spend my energy on my kids (so much more fun too!).

4. Who's watching So You Think You Can Dance this season? I am so excited that it is back on! Lance and I love this show. We like to sit and critique dancers and pretend we know what we're talking about. I have to get something off my chest though - Mia Michaels is driving me crazy! Has she always been this egotistical?? I just want to fast forward every time she starts speaking. OK, I feel better now. After last night's show I have a few favorites. Can't believe I'm blogging about TV - but really, it's so good!

5. I need HELP! As most of you know, I am in charge of the crafts for girls camp for our stake this year (110 girls). On Tuesday night, I met with my committee, along with the camp director and she dropped a bombshell on me. Apparently, we have found in the back of the YW closet approx. $500 dollars worth of seashells (the number was quoted to me, I have no idea the worth of different shells). They are all tiny shells meticulously arranged by category. They are hoping we can use these as a craft project. Did I mention we are less than 3 weeks away from camp?? That we already have numerous crafts??? That I'm already overwhelmed?? I can't think of any seashell craft that isn't tacky. If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE send them my way (who knows, maybe I'll send you a hemp bracelet for helping out)!

6. One of my favorite blogs (Mrs. Fussypants) does a carnival called Fight the Frump every Friday. If you need a laugh, check this postout. It's a make-up primer for moms that she posted awhile ago.

1 comments:

The Powell Family said...

These are a couple of tings I saw on some cute blogs...
good luck with the shells!

http://www.naturemoms.com/blog/2008/06/19/10-ways-to-reuse-a-glass-jar/

http://tipjunkie.blogspot.com/2008/06/teach-me-thursday-kid-crafts.html

katymom