Preschool ended for the year a couple of weeks ago and we are all so sad!We had an end of the year picnic to celebrate. Miss Carrie made them each the cutest scrapbook of the year and gave them some bubbles. Ella still has me "read" her scrapbook to her daily.

I snapped some pictures of Eliza and Ella in the tunnel at the park - they are just too cute for words:


Ella and I made these miniature cupcakes for the party. We needed a trial run before we make the real things for her birthday party. They were a big hit:

It seems unbelievable to me that Ella only has one more year before kindergarten. She is still my baby in so many ways. This fall she will got to preschool 3 days a week and on the other two days we are doing a Joy school with some friends from church.She does not quite understand the concept of summer vacation. She keeps asking to go to preschool almost every day and looks so sad when I try and explain. I'm hoping once Spencer is out of school she will understand better. Any ideas on how to explain summer vacation to a 3 year old?Me: "What was your favorite part of preschool this year?"
Ella: "Sharing with friends." This is HUGE with Ella. Whenever something seems unfair in her world, she whips this statement out. It seems to right all the wrongs. She has done really well with sharing.
Me: What did you like to do at preschool?
Ella: "Play at park, learn letters, umm slide, see my favorite teacher."
Me: What did you learn this year?
Ella: "Teddy Bear song" (she then preceeded to sing the song somehow inserting her cousin Maddi into the lyrics.)" Ella sings almost everywhere we go. She constantly changes the lyrics and has us howling with laughter. She is such a riot.
Me: Do you want to go to preschool next year?
Ella: I'll drive to preschool, not walk. I'll see peoples. Preschool is a good 10 miles away. Driving seems like a far better choice to me also.
Me: What do you want to learn about next year?
Ella: "Ummmm, use my paints." This is not a suprise, Ella LOVES to draw, paint, practice letters any chance she gets. I often will surprise her by buying her a new drawing pad, notebook, address book, etc. and she thinks it is the greatest gift in the world. She usually has her books completely filled within days.





1 comments:
She is adorable! And your mini cupcake lollipop thingys turned out so cute! You did a great job! And how did Ella get so old!
Post a Comment