Tuesday, May 11, 2010

WFMW - Curlformers



Have y'all heard of these??? Curlformers are my new favorite hair tool. I use them on both mine and Ella's hair. I saw them all over the hair blogs a couple months ago but hesitated buying them because NOTHING ever works in my hair. Ever. I finally decided to splurge and buy them a week ago after seeing post after post about the amazing curls you get with these - you have to check out this post from Babes In Hairland. It's the one that finally put me over the edge.

If you haven't heard of these, Curlformers are little nylon spiral rods that you put in wet hair. You thread a long hook through the rod and then pull the hair down through it with the hook. You can then either air dry or use a blow dryer until your hair is completely dry. If this made absolutely no sense, you can see the video tutorial here (it's very short).

Here is a picture of Ella with them all in her hair. They are super duper easy to put in and don't take much time at all. I used them on my hair first and had no problem doing my whole head of hair by myself. Much, much easier than sponge rollers, hot rollers, etc. I think they really are foolproof.



We took them out the next morning and this is what her hair looked like:



I separated the curls with my fingers for a softer look and sent her off to school. Even in the VA humidity, the curls lasted ALL DAY with NO FRIZZ. She has great hair though. The real test is my rats nest of hair.

For me, I put them in when my hair is towel dried. I let them air dry for a couple hours and then use a blow dryer. Both times I have used them this week, the curls have come out damp (I am so inpatient). BUT, they still have lasted all day with NO FRIZZ! I am so excited about this. The picture of me a few posts down on Mother's Day shows my hair with Curlformers. I just did the bottom half of my hair that day and then pulled it into a side ponytail before church. So easy. I even had my kids help me. After all, it was Mother's Day. Ella handed the rod to Spencer, he put the hook in, and I put it in my hair. Here's the pic - sorry it is hard to see.



Perfect curls every time is what is working for me this week. For more great tips and ideas head to We are That Family where she hosts "Works For Me Wednesday" every week.

My previous WFMW posts:

Sweet Spinach Bread
Library Bags
Letterboxing
Curling Ribbon
Safe Plastics
5 Ingredients or Less
Laundry Tip
DIY Lip Gloss
Tips for Clothes Shopping with girls
How to teach a child to swallow pills
Removing old stickers, adhesive, etc.
Easy Hair Bow Instructions
Managing school papers
Fall Traditions
Coupon Binder
Toys Worth Buying - Board Games
Hairstyles for Girls
Agent Cool Blue - Kids Oral Hygiene
Vinyl Chalkboard Menu

6 comments:

Kimarie said...

These are so neat! My girls and I were just introduced to ezbun.com through some pieces their grandmother bought for them - the fridge benefit is one of the girls slept with her bun in slightly damp hair and woke up with curls! So we're curl-crazy here now - we are going to try rag curls, but I might splurge on a set of these. I have 6 girls so I know they wouldn't go to waste. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

These look so easy, and with 4 girls I need easy! Thanks for sharing!

kirsten said...

where did you buy yours?

Amy said...

I should have said where to get them in the post. You can only buy them at Sally's or online from their site.

Kim said...

Wow. Those are very cool. I'm going to have to purchase those for my girls.
Praising Him,
Kim

Jolley's said...

i am certainly going to need to buy me some of those! I curl my hair all the time {we chopped Maddi's hair off while we were in Utah--so she won't be needing them anytime soon} but I'm sure for now they help me in my curling adventures. Thanks for sharing!