Thursday, November 20, 2008

Area Honors Orchestra - He's in!!!

Tryouts for Area Honor Orchestra were this week. Spencer has been waiting all year to be old enough to try out. He was super nervous Monday and I was nervous for him. We have wondered all week when he would find out if he made it and have talked about it often. Tonight while we were driving home from a church activity Spencer casually said "Oh - I forgot to tell you. I made it into the Honor's Orchestra." Silly boy.

The honors orchestra is comprised of 5th and 6th graders from different schools in our area. There are a LOT of practices but luckily the schools arrange the whole carpool list if your kids get in. He loves playing the viola so we are really excited for him.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I have just discovered your blog, and love it. Well done to your son! My daughter plays the sax but we decided not to enter for the area wind ensemble (she is in 5th grade). Viola players are always in demand - what a cool instrument. I'm impressed that your son plays viola at such a young age. My husband also plays viola (although mostly violin these days)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Congrats to your son. Like Fiona, I am very impressed that your boy plays the viola. Holy moly! Kudos to your parenting skills. My son's talent is banging loudly on his toy drum while essentially blowing spit out of a kazoo. :)

Thanks so much for checking out our blog yesterday. The story you left in the comment field made me laugh. Very funny! Kids really do say the darnedest things.