You know those days when you are never at home for more than 20 minutes at a time - when you are running nonstop from one thing to the next? We have a couple different meals that I make on those days to try and avoid fast food. This is my family's current favorite for hectic days.
My super talented friend Irene made these one day when she brought her son over to play with Ella. She came to my house and cooked us lunch - how great is that!! I was skeptical that my kids would eat it - they are super picky - but these are basically deluxe pigs in a blanket and the kids can't get enough of them (Neither can my hubby - they are so yummy)!
I know ya'll know how to make these but I don't think I would have ever thought to do it with these ingredients. All you need are two things from Trader Joe's. I apologize in advance if you don't have a Trader Joe's - just look away now.
Ingredients:
I know ya'll know how to make these but I don't think I would have ever thought to do it with these ingredients. All you need are two things from Trader Joe's. I apologize in advance if you don't have a Trader Joe's - just look away now.
Ingredients:
One package of Trader Joe's pizza dough (super cheap - less than $1.00!)
One package of Trader Joe's Sun-Dried Tomato chicken sausage (pre-cooked).
Bless Trader Joe's for their convenience foods. I try to keep these on hand for crazy days. I took pictures of the process yesterday while talking on the phone - excuse the quality.
Step one: Break dough into five different pieces.
Step one: Break dough into five different pieces.
Step two: Flatten dough and wrap around sausages. Don't worry if they are not even or look ugly - they're meant to. Put on a cookie sheet and cook at 425 degrees for approx 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Here's what they look like done:
I like to wrap them each up individually in foil and take them with us. We almost always make these on baseball days. Probably not the healthiest of foods but it makes me feel better than having them buy a hot dog (although we do that too sometimes). I have also been known to throw these at the kids in the car while hurrying to some activity. It's great that they are self contained in the foil and the kids can eat them fast.
I would LOVE to hear what you make on crazy days, we seem to be having more and more of those lately.
For more great tips and ideas head to Shannon's blog where she hosts Works for me Wednesday every week.
My previous WFMW posts:
Sweet Spinach Bread
Library Bags
Letterboxing
Curling Ribbon
Safe Plastics
5 Ingredients or Less
Laundry Tip
DIY Lip Gloss
Tips for Clothes Shopping with girls
How to teach a child to swallow pills
Removing old stickers, adhesive, etc.
Easy Hair Bow Instructions
Managing school papers
Fall Traditions
Coupon Binder
Toys Worth Buying - Board Games





7 comments:
That's a great idea! I love TJ's too and actually have some of that dough in my fridge right now. I guess our prices are a little higher though - in Seattle it costs a whopping $1.30 per package. Still a good deal though. =)
Yum! And who isn't looking for super fast meals?
i am not sure if re-inventing pigs in a blanket a la TJ's makes me "super talented," but thanks for the compliment!
My boys would love that! Thanks for the creative idea. We have a peanut allergy in the house- so PB&J is out. I may have to surprise them with this sometime.
I sooooo miss Trader Joes!!!!!!!!
wow! I think my hubby would love these any day.
I could do that ! Thanks.
Post a Comment