Sunday, November 2, 2008

FHE and Faith

Halloween pics are going to have to wait until tomorrow. The kids begged for FHE tonight after church (our meeting time is 2-5 pm) so we quickly had dinner and an improptu FHE. Ella conducted which always makes for a long but fun evening. If you ever need a time filler, Ella's your gal. She can make up a 5 minute song on the spot complete with dance moves and plenty of angst much to Spencer's chagrin. It was a typical FHE: lots of teaching moments, some fun, some spiritual moments, and at least one person crying before its over (I really wish I was kidding).

I heard a quote last month about faith that I have been thinking about a lot today. I'm not sure why it's on my mind, whether it applies to a situation we are currently going through (adoption) or the grace that I have seen demonstrated by several family members and friends who have recently had some pretty big trials. But I think this quote very succinctly explains faith.

HOPE is the anticipation that the outcome will be good

WORRY is the anticipation that the outcome will be bad

FAITH is the anticipation that whatever the outcome, it will be for our
good.
Don't you just love that?

2 comments:

Nicol said...

Great quote! I certainly need that right now! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

I do love it! Thanks for sharing it!