Monday, November 17, 2008

Fun Cake Decorations


Ella is our resident decorator. She LOVES looking through catalogues and telling me what we need for different rooms in our house. It's funny because I rarely look at catalogues. She is constantly telling me how she wants to redo her room and the other day asked if she could switch rooms with us. She very specifically told me to put all of her stuff in my room and take my stuff out and put it in hers. She said this is a "great idea." When we go to stores she will rearrange shelves to make sure everything is organized and in the right place (I so wish she would apply this skill to the playroom)! She loves to cook and at 4-years-old can whip up a pan of scrambled eggs from start to finish by herself (of course with an adult standing by). She is such a mini Martha Stewart.

So I wasn't too surprised when she came home from the library the other day with Matthew Mead's Cakes for Kids. I love Matthew Mead's site and used a lot of his Halloween ideas and free templates but I didn't know he had a kid's cake book out.

Tonight we looked through this book together for her bedtime story. She was so excited to look at each cake and try to figure out how each one was made. I LOVE having someone in the house who appreciates this stuff. So fun for me! We are going to try our hand at some of these cakes in the upcoming weeks. I'll let you know how they go.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is great! I love that she is excited about decorating cakes! Have fun & take pictures!

Unknown said...

How cute is your little girl! That is great she has found something that excites her! Have fun making cakes!

Lorie said...

I saw the book on another site but didn't look close enough to see that it was Michael Mead! I *heart* Michael Mead!